WARNING FOR FISHERMEN VALID FOR NEXT
24 HOURS UPDATED AT 1400 HRS IST ON
for tamil Nadu and pUDUCHERRY CoastS
Strong winds from Southerly-southwesterly direction, speed occasionally reaching 35-45 kmph likely along and off Tamilnadu and Puducherry coasts.
Rough Sea Warning issued by INCOIS for south Tamilnadu coast:
There is a possibility that sea will be rough near shore and also the low lying areas (Kanyakumari, Ramanthapuram) may experience surges intermittently during 17:30 hours of 22-04-2018 to 23:30 hours of 23-04-2018 due to the effect of high period (17-20sec) swell waves, having 2.5 - 3.0m height.
The fishermen and coastal population are to be cautious on the following during this period:
1. There is a possibility of surging of waves during the high tide times, in the low lying areas of the coasts during this period.
2. Boats plying very near to the coasts may be avoided during this period as the coastal regions will experience its effect more.
3. The boats may be anchored at a fair distance from each other, to avoid collision and damage.
4. The water based recreational activity at the coast is suspended during these events.
5. Taking out the boats from the shore to the sea and back can be avoided.
6. The effects of these events in the open ocean are likely to be minimal.
Fishermen are advised not to venture into sea.
|Based on the forecast generated by INCOIS, rough tovery rough sea conditions are very likely to prevail along & off West Bengal, Odisha and West coast of Andaman & Nicobar Islands. Also, sea conditions are likely to continue to remain rough to very rough over Lakshadweep area, Karnataka, Kerala and south Tamilnadu coasts and rough along Maharashtra coasts during next 12 hours. Fishermen are advised not to venture into the Sea along & off these coastal areas and to be cautious in the coastal waters along Maharashtra coasts.|